8/28/08

Rewired at last!

My husband should have been an orthodontist!  He did a great job rewiring me and I am very comfortable with the wires on.  

I still weigh 177.5, so I am going to switch things up a bit as I was hoping to have lost a little bit more by now.  My new plan:  slightly higher protein and slightly lower fat, carbohydrates will remain about the same.  I will also be implementing something called "Intermittent Fasting (IF)".  No, I'm not going to be starving myself, I'm simply going to abstain from ingesting anything caloric for 24 hours at a time - so 24 hours of no eating, followed by 24 hours of eating.  This is done by eating once in the evening on day one, then on the following day eating up until the same time I started eating the day before.  7pm each day I will either start or stop eating.  That way I never go to bed with an empty stomach.  (Please check out the links I provided on the right side of my blog to learn more about the benefits of IF.)

I will also be revising my calories a bit: I will be eating a total of 2600 calories over the course of the two days (an average of 1300 calories a day).  Perhaps I could still stick with 1600 a day and lose weight, but it's not that much fun to drink protein shakes in mass quantities, which is what I'd have to do while I'm intermittent fasting. 

I'll get into specifics next time - we are going out of town for the holiday and trying to pack with a toddler around is next to impossible!  

No comments: