8/12/08

Bad cold, good shopper

Arg!  My daughter is determined to bring every illness at her daycare home with her.  She's already developed pinkeye and 2 cold viruses - all since starting there 5 weeks ago!  Husband and I had discussed this: if she got more than 4 colds in the first 4 months, we were going to seek alternative plans for her care.  Well, here we are, 5 weeks in and already 2 colds caught!   I am a stay-at-home mom, so we don't need the daycare, it was more so I had a couple set hours during the week kid-free so I could run errands, and so she could have fun with some kids her age.  But I guess I didn't realize just what a germ fest daycare really is!  It makes sense, though... 12 toddlers sneezing on each other and wiping their hands on their faces, then touching everything and everyone.  The teacher told me she had just gotten over her last cold less than a week ago, and here she is once again, sharing in the virus du jour

So I'm kind of glad I'm not wired right now, since I can't breathe through my nose.  I have been eating more solid foods, as my cheek healed somewhat.  Still sticking with my original commitment: high fat, adequate protein, low carb.  I have noticed, though, that my weight loss has stalled.  I wonder if that's because I dropped the first 6 so quickly, or if it's because I started eating solid food.  It has me a little concerned...

I had to grocery shop today, and as I was going down the cookie/cracker/chip aisle, I suddenly realized I had walked right past my favorite binge food (Keebler Fudge Sticks) and hadn't even given it a thought!  Yay for me!  

SO... is it "starve a cold/feed a fever" or the other way around?  I need to look that up...  


No comments: